Get Energy or Internet Assistance
The Mid-Columbia Community Action Council administers two energy assistance programs:
- Oregon Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Hood River Energy Program for HR Co-op members
- Please call (541) 386-4027 to find out if you are eligible for assistance in paying your HR Co-op bill.
We participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program for Internet Assistance
HR Co-op also participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides a discount up to $30 a month on your internet bill. Visit www.getinternet.gov to apply online. We also offer $30 plans for members who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. See our internet plans.
Give Energy or Internet Assistance
Neighbors helping neighbors is at the heart of the cooperative spirit.
Your contributions toward our Hood River Energy Program provides bill payment assistance to HR Co-op members who could use a helping hand.
- Use our Round Up program to make a donation
- Send a donation by check
- Request that we donate your capital credit retirements to the bill payment assistance program
Contact us at (541) 386-4027 to learn more.
Round Up Program
Round Up to the nearest dollar on your bill makes it simple to donate to members in need. You’d be surprised how quickly those pennies add up to make a difference!
When you enroll in the Round Up program:
- Your monthly bill is automatically rounded up to the next nearest dollar
- Or, you can choose to make a one-time donation or a fixed monthly donation of an amount that you choose
To start contributing to Round Up:
- Log into your account on SmartHub, and choose “Round Up” from the menu on the left.
- Or contact us at (541) 354-1233 or email our billing department for assistance setting up a donation.
If you later decide you are unable to contribute, you can unenroll from the program at any time.