Salary$20 - $23/hr DOE
Hood River Electric & Internet Co-op (HR Co-op) has an immediate opening for an Internet Installer Technician.
Salary: DOE, with an expected starting wage of $20 - $23 an hour.
Posted: October 19, 2021
Open until filled; first review of applications will be November 1, 2021
Your New Role: Internet Installer Technician
Install and troubleshoot fixed wireless and fiber internet services for Hood River Electric & Internet Co-op members. Respond to sales inquiries and technical support requests.
Download the Internet Installer Technician Job Description.
Why this Job?
This is your chance to be a part of a member-focused, service-oriented co-op that provides reliable, affordable electric and internet service in the Hood River Valley. We have some great projects coming up including a fiber-to-the-home buildout. Our members appreciate us and our employees enjoy our fun, service-focused work environment . We have a friendly, close-knit team and enjoy living and working in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.
Regular work hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. This position also includes approximately 10 weeks per year of weekly “on-call” rotation time, during which time the incumbent will respond to weekend and evening support requests from Internet Service members. During on-call periods, the incumbent must be available to respond within 30 minutes of a member’s inquiry
How to Apply
- Download an HR Co-op Employment Application.
- Open the application form in Adobe Reader.
- Fill in the application form with your information and save the file.
- Submit your completed application and any supplemental materials to:
- Hood River Electric Coop
Or by mail:
attn: Employment Opportunities
PO Box 125
Odell, OR 97044
About HR Co-op
HR Co-op has 22 employees who provide electric service to approximately 3,900 meters and fixed wireless and fiber internet service to approximately 2,800 subscribers. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a defined contribution retirement plan, medical/dental/vision insurance, a healthcare reimbursement account, and generous vacation and sick leave. We have a team-oriented work environment and are focused on serving members reliably, affordably, and efficiently.
HR Co-op’s electric service territory encompasses the middle and upper portions of the Hood River Valley in the Columbia River Gorge, including the unincorporated communities of Odell, Parkdale, and Mount Hood. We also have internet service members within the city of Hood River and in the Dee area.
The Hood River Valley is bordered by the Columbia River to the north and by the Mt. Hood National Forest to the west, south, and east. The area is known for its tree fruit agriculture industry. Nearby outdoor recreation opportunities are abundant, including hiking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, skiing, mountain biking, whitewater sports, camping, and fishing.
Job Related Qualifications
Applicants must have the following education and experience to be considered:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Two years of prior customer or member service experience.
- Two years of experience operating power tools and doing basic construction.
- Demonstrated computer/technical aptitude.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
- Technical support experience troubleshooting internet services.
- Experience installing cable, conduit, or fiber optic runs.
- The ability to speak fluently and write both English and Spanish.
- Tower Climbing Safety and Authorized Climber/Rescuer Certification, or ability to obtain.
- Flagger Certification, or ability to obtain.
- Forklift Operator Certification, or ability to obtain.
HR Co-op offers a generous benefit package including:
- 4x10 work schedule, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Defined Contribution Retirement (HR Co-op contributes 3% of annual base salary beginning with employment. After one year, employees qualify for an additional contribution equal to 12% of annual base salary, for a maximum total contribution of 15%)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (401K)
- Health Reimbursement Account (VEBA)
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave policies
- Nine paid Holidays per year